Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Little Bit About Me

Before I begin my journey into the blogging world, I'd like to share a little bit about me!

I am Jesi Carroll, a 19 year old fashion student at the Savannah College of Arts and Design (otherwise known as the Savannah College of Arts and Crafts and Horses). I might change my major as I'm an indecisive person, but for now I'm in the school of fashion!
My birthday is February 18th. I'm originally from northwest Connecticut and have lived in Connecticut all of my life. At home, I have a big German Shepherd, Rommel, an ocicat, Miss Kitty, and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Baby. You'll definitely see/hear more about Baby, as she is absolutely adorable and it would be a crime not to!! (Not that I don't love the other pets, but Baby is solely my pet, and the others are family pets. Also, I didn't name her, so no she didn't get her name from BTSSB ;))
I have been interested in the lolita fashion for about 4~5 years, and got my first jumperskirt in August of 2008. My wardrobe right now is rather small - I still have my first jumperskirt, 1 skirt, 1 one piece dress, 1 blouse, 1 petticoat, several pairs of socks/shoes, and some accessories. With a minimal lolita closet, I wish to expand and share my wardrobe building with you in hopes of giving others ideas for expansion, as well as documenting my lolita timeline.
Aside from lolita, my interests include fashion in general, other arts and design, interior decoration (might do a minor in this!), photography, watching movies (just ask me for a movie recommendation. I dare you.), and granola (it's delicious). I like to sprinkle in humor - if you can't tell already -, I'm fairly laid back, and try to be lighthearted. I'm a responsible person and I'd like to think I do a good job at keeping my priorities straight.

I set up Sweet Teef to start as my summer project that I will (hope to) continue much longer past then. I've always thought of ideas of things I want to do or make, but they tend to get lost and buried, so this will be my own personal challenge project!

Why the name Sweet Teef? Well a couple reasons: I tend to gravitate towards the sweet lolita style, I enjoy sweets (in moderation! too much of a good thing = a bad thing), I experienced years of orthodontia work to have my own set of sweet teeth, and I thought it was a cute play on sweet tooth! Also, I love the glorious trashiness of tooth jewels - no offense to anyone who's got 'em, I totally dig it! - which is why I had to include an image in the Sweet Teef banner.

Wish me luck,
Jesi Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment