Monday, July 12, 2010

Life Journey Journal - Wardrobe Building

Whoops, sorry about the little gap in posting! I've been really busy lately, what with Connecticon and Warped Tour this past weekend, working two jobs, and some personal going-ons, yikes!

Anyways, a week or so ago I treated myself and bought a new jumperskirt; it's a black milky chan replica. Some people like replicas, and some hate them, and as much as I'd love the real thing, it simply isn't in my budget. I could wait and wait to save up, however keeping in mind that I need to furnish and equip an apartment, save up for art supplies, and possibly even get a car for when I'm back at school so I could continue working at Ulta down in Savannah, and get to and from classes without jumping through hoops - well, it'd take a while!
Of course the quality isn't the absolute best, but it's pretty good in my opinion. The lace is decent and cute, the print is done well, and it's put together nicely. The fabric is a little bit stiffer, but this could just be from starch as my mother pointed out.
I'm happy with it, though, and I think that's what's most important. Also, had it been the real deal, I would be a lot more hesitant to wear it out and about for fear of wrecking something precious on accident, so I feel a lot more freer about wearing it casually rather than letting in sit in the closet for only the best occasions.
All in all, the dress is cute, the quality isn't the absolute best but it's good, it didn't cost me an arm and a leg, and most importantly: I'm happy.



A quick coord after opening - way too hot today for socks/blouse!!

In other news, I recently started at Ulta - we've only just been setting the store up though, not quite open yet ;) Even though it's been 8 and a half hour shifts, it goes by quick and I really enjoy it - I actually feel like I'm doing something productive when the progress is as visually apparent as it is when you're setting up a store and things start filling up the shelves. Plus, my best friend works there!! Hopefully I can just transfer to the Ulta located in Savannah, it's only about five miles away from my apartment, and a girl who graduated from my highschool a year before me who also attends SCAD works with us too, so it would be even better if we could carpool!
If any CT lolitas follow my blogspot and want discount coupons and such for Ulta, there's a soft opening for friends & family a week before the grand opening, so let me know if you're interested, I can hook a girl up ;)

Jesi Carroll

2 comments:

  1. you know, you're totally right! I love my Baby dress, but I only wear it to special meets or, at the very least, indoor meets to reduce the likelihood of sweating in such an expensive dress. While people look down on bodyline, I love wearing it because I don't worry as much! If I ruin a $30 dress, well... oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right. I almost prefer wearing "cheaper" lolita brands like Bodyline because I feel comfortable wearing them daily rather than hording them away for super special meetups or something.

    ReplyDelete