Friday, June 18, 2010

Get the Look

I've been tossing the idea of this entry around in my mind for the past few days, and I'm not sure if it's something I want to continue or not. I think I need to clearly define what it is I want from the concept for it to be a solid continuing trend to write about, but here it is:

Over the top (OTT) sweet lolita seems to be a trend these days, piling on accessories and creating a very dynamic and detailed coordinate.
Take a look at Takulu, and you should get the idea:



You may love it, you my hate it. But let's face it; lolita, especially OTT, isn't always appropriate for certain occasions - you don't want to upstage the bride at a wedding - and other occasions, you may wish to dress up but know it would be wiser to tone it down.

So, I wanted to create a more 'wearable' version of Takulu's OTT sweet lolita:

UntitledFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore


Most of the more reconizable lolita elements are removed - a shorter cocktail dress, no petticoat. The color palette is kept essentially the same, however, and we can still see hints inspired from Takulu's coord. A cute silver carousel horse necklace mimics the lolita dress pattern and bag. We still have a cute (faux) fur capelet, or a cropped white bolero. Socks and shoes are toned down to solid color leggings and a pair of cute flats. A single bracelet replaces the numerous ones, and swap all those bows for a simpler, yet equally cute head band and a pink belt to add some variation to the dress and to better tie in the pink.

Jesi Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment